Now Hiring – Fire Alarm / Security Technician
FIRE ALARM / SECURITY TECHNICIAN – JOB DESCRIPTION
Schedule: Full Time
Job Title: Fire Alarm & Security Technician
Location: Nashville, TN
Responsible for the installation and service of Fire Alarm and Security systems including but not limited to Fire Alarm, CCTV, Access Control and Intrusion Protection.
• Installation of new Fire Alarm, CCTV, Access Control and Intrusion Protection Systems
◊ Service and Repair on Existing Systems
• Inspections of existing Fire Alarm, CCTV, Access Control and Intrusion Protection Systems
• Testing and troubleshooting of all systems
• Installation of cabling pathways when needed (J-Hooks, conduits, etc.)
• Available for scheduled “on-call” to respond to emergency service calls
• Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with Life Safety Manager, Executive Management, and Customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction experience
• Follow troubleshooting guidelines and refer to technical/parts manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. in order to diagnose & repair equipment or systems.
• Complete monthly vehicle reports and maintain accurate truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs
• Understand the importance of providing quality service, inspections, and technical installation support
• Adhere to all OSHA and company safety policies and procedures
• Must be knowledgeable in Fire Alarm, Security Systems and other IP technologies
• Industry Certifications preferred but not required
• Experienced in the operation of scissor and boom lifts
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
• Must pass drug-screen and background check
• 3 – 5 years’ experience preferred
• Must be knowledgeable in various wiring configurations and terminations
• Technical skills and knowledge of NEC and IBC
• Ability to read blueprints
• Good communication skills for effective interaction with internal & external customers
• Experience in a fast-paced construction environment
• Must work well with little supervision individually and in a team setting
• Ability to lift/move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working in crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.